Endoscopic Ear Surgery Course.
Barcelona, April 27, 2022
Intensive course of basic and advanced techniques of endoscopic ear surgery, based on short lectures and surgery videos presented by experts as well as in laboratory practice with fresh corpse, guided by instructors, designed to acquire skill in this technique.
Manuel Bernal Sprekelsen
- Stephane Ayache
Hôpital de Cannes Simone Veil, France
- Davide Soloperto
University Hospital of Verona, Italy
- Oliver Haag, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu
- Rafael Hijano, Hospital del Mar
- Francesc Cruellas, Hospital de Bellvitge
- Maurizio Levorato, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu
- Jorge Vega, Consorci Hospitalari Penedès-Garraf
- Elena Hernandez, Hospital de Viladecans e Institutode Otología García-Ibáñez
- Jorge Torales, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
- Miguel Caballero, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
- Marta Sandoval, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
- Ignacio Viza, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
Includes: Anatomical sample (one side per trainee), Coffee, work meals and Certificate.
- Registration fee refund available until 60 days before the course (except for an admistrative fee of 100€)
- No refund available from 60 days before the course.
All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
Anatomy Department, Medicine School, Universitat de Barcelona.
Carrer Casanova, 143, 08036, Barcelona
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
7.45 – 8.00 Registration
Lectures / recorded surgeries
8.00 – 8.15 Welcome and course objectives.
8.15 – 8.45 Getting started in endoscopic ear surgery.
8.45 – 9.15 Endoscopic ear anatomy.
9.15 -10.30 Procedures 1:
-Myringoplasty: inlay, underlay and over-under techniques
10.30 -11.00 Coffee break
11.30 -12.15 Procedures 2:
-Other procedures: middle ear tumors, facial nerve decompression, vestibular neurectomy, acoustic neuroma, combined endoscopic-microscopic approaches (cholesteatoma, cochlear implants, tumors)
12.15 -13.00 Round table “Future perspectives in endoscopic ear surgery”
13.00 -14.00 Lunch
Hands-on dissection (LABORATORY)
14.00 -14.30 Live demo
14.30 -15.15 Basic techniques I:
-Handling and positioning the endoscope
-Myringotomy and ventilation tube insertion
15.15 -16.30 Basic techniques II:
-Tympanomeatal flap elevation, atticotomy
-Extended tympanomeatal flap
-Ossicular reconstruction ( TORP, PORP)
16.30-17.00 Coffee break
17.00-17.30 Live demo
17.30-19.00 Advanced techniques:
-facial decompression, combined retroauricular-transcanal approach, cochlear implants, vestibular neurectomy, access to IAC, two-handed surgery
Here you can find some recommended hotels.
We have selected this hotels for its proximity to the venue (all are at walking distance) and for having a good value for money.